Confirmation Statement (CS01), what is it, and how to fill it?

Every year, your confirmation statement is due within 14 days of the anniversary of your company being incorporated. It cost £13 and it’s a legal requirement to confirm the records held are up to date. All those paper works are the parts freelancers don’t like, but it’s quick and easy to do.

What is a confirmation statement (CS01)

It is a legal requirement, for all limited companies, to deliver a confirmation statement (CS01) to Companies House each year. Its purpose is to confirm the records held on their register are complete and up to date.

When do I have to fill my confirmation statement?

A confirmation statement needs to be filed within 14 days of the anniversary of a company being incorporated or their last ‘made up date’. If left too late, Companies House strike the company from their register which prevents trading and the company assets become Crown property.

You don’t need to pay an accountant to do this, you can do it on your own in 5 minutes!

Submitting your confirmation statement (CS01)

Step 1. First, you need to login to Companies House WebFiling. If you haven’t registered with Companies House in the past, you can register here.

The login process requires your company’s registered email address and your Security Code. If you’ve forgotten your Security Code, WebFiling has an option to send a reminder to your email address.

Step 2. Now you’ve logged into WebFiling, you need to complete an additional login step for the company you are filing the confirmation statement for. This requires your company’s registration number and Authentication Code.

Step 3. Work your way through the CS01 form, following the instructions and confirming the information shown. Further guidance on how to complete the CS01 form can be found on this video https://youtu.be/QsKuFJZlkH4.

Step 4. Upon submitting your confirmation statement, you will need to pay a £13 filing fee to Companies House. Finally, this expense is part of your business expenses and so you should include it in your bookkeeping.

That’s all, easy :)

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments